HISTORIC BANNING MILLS POLICIES
PLEASE NOTE: The card you use to book AND the cardholder's government-issued photo identification MUST be present at check-in for BOTH activities and lodging. We cannot check you in without verifying both your ID and the card used to book the reservation.
The full charge at the time of booking is required.
The full amount is charged onto the card at the time of booking. Credit card used at booking and government-issued photo ID matching the cardholder's name are required at check in. If a guest is unable to provide both of those at check in, or email us photos of those prior to check in, the reservation will be forfeited with NO refund.
If you must cancel, you must email that request to us. We will not take call in cancellation requests. We will then send out emailed cancellation notices. Please make sure you have this to verify that we did get your cancellation request. If you DO NOT receive the cancellation notice, please call, or email us to resend it. Please keep the cancellation notice for your verification records!
Cancellation OUTSIDE of the 7-day policy:
- If you request to cancel outside the 7-day policy, we will refund the entire amount back to the card on file MINUS a $20 processing fee.
- The day of your reservation does not count towards the 7 days. For example, if your reservation is on September 10th, you must cancel before close of business on September 2nd for a full refund (minus a $20 processing fee).
Cancellation INSIDE the 7-day policy:
- If you request to cancel within the 7-day policy, additional charges will apply.
- Overnight accommodations: the amount of the first night stay will be charged.
- Activities: 50% of activity total will be charged.
- Any remaining amount will be refunded to the card on file after a $20 processing fee has been applied.
- We offer a “gift card compensation" for cancellations within 7 days of the scheduled reservation.
- This must be done within the 7 days before scheduled reservation. (*NOT an option for the day of.)
- Transfer fees where applicable. $25 for the room, $5 per person, per activity will be taken out of the total amount originally paid. The remaining amount on the account will be put on a gift card and emailed to the guest. Guests can rebook online or call reservations when ready.
- Gift cards are valid for 5 years.
- We highly encourage you to buy travel insurance which will assist you in case of last-minute cancellation needs. Because we are a small country inn, cancellations within the cancellation period make it extremely difficult to rebook those openings we have held for you. Comparison sites such as www.insuremytrip.com are excellent ways to shop the best rates. Sometimes, unforeseen things come up. Being prepared with travel insurance helps alleviate those last-minute surprises.
*All requests for cancellations and gift card compensations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Reservation Policy (10+):
Gift Certificate Terms & Conditions:
Please arrive at Banning Mills at least 30 minutes before your scheduled event. We do try to leave as promptly as possible and if you are late, you may miss your tour time. We cannot guarantee you a place on the next tour. If you miss your tour time, there will be no refund given. Please understand that we DO NOT guarantee that you will go out promptly at your scheduled time. We have no control over weather pop- ups, unforeseen circumstances, or how guests will react to the course. Some adventures are quicker or shorter than the estimated tour time while others may take longer, depending on group size and physical abilities. Tour times are estimated and include gear-up and training. Make sure you take this into consideration as you plan your tour with us: please be patient, especially with others in your group, because you are going to be glad you did!
Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter - Loose, comfortable clothing. Shorts/Capris/Jeans are acceptable. We would suggest a longer short. Please remember you are wearing a lower body harness that will lift your clothing up somewhat. Please do not wear short shorts, tube tops or halter type tops due to the gear you must wear. Shoes - No open toed, flip flops, sandals, or backless shoes. We do not allow fived-toed shoes either. Tennis shoes, walking/hiking boots are acceptable. Kayaking: water shoes or shoes with a back strap are required. No bare feet or flop flops allowed. Please feel free to bring your camera, only if you have a neck or wrist strap though. Remember: if you have the wrong shoes on, you will not be able to go on the tour, but you will be charged!
We will not run tours in thunderstorms, high winds, or "close-in" lightning (3 miles). It is important to remember that foul weather in your area does not necessarily mean foul weather at Banning Mills. Please call first if you have concerns about the weather. We will call only if we are certain your tour will not run. In some cases, tours may be postponed, allowing for some weather systems to pass. Sometimes tours might end up being on hold from 45 to 60 minutes due to weather pop ups. When you are planning a tour with us, please take this into consideration. If we do not call you, the tour is still " a go". If you do not show up, that will be considered a no show and the cancellation policy will kick in.
Please review all weight requirements before booking each activity. The tours require a moderate amount of exertion. These adventures are not recommended for those with heart problems, severe respiratory problems, musculo-skeletal difficulties or if you are more than 3 months pregnant. You must be able to use both upper and lower extremities. Some of our Eco-Spider ATVs are equipped for persons with reduced mobility. These must be requested upon making your reservation. Weight and age restrictions are listed with each adventure. If you have any questions about listed restrictions, please call us.
Right of Refusal:
DO NOT consume alcohol the day of your tour time. We reserve the right to cancel your tour due to alcohol consumption and you will be charged for the tour if this occurs. Please understand that this is for your safety and the safety of our guides and other guests.
- Check in is between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. Please note that we do NOT guarantee check in at 4pm. We will do our best but sometimes things happen, and rooms may be delayed for checking in. Because we are not a 24-hour facility, you must be here by 10 p.m. for guest services to check you in. Lodging guests receive a gate key for reentry after hours and gates close at 10 p.m.
- Check out is 11 a.m.
- If you must cancel, you must email that request to us. We will not take called in cancellation requests. We do send out emailed cancellation notices. Please make sure you have this to verify that we did get your cancellation request. If you DO NOT receive the cancellation notice, please call, or email us to resend it. Please keep the cancellation notice for your verification records!
- Please note that coupons cannot be combined with any other discount/promotion offered.
- We cannot not guarantee specific room numbers. We reserve the right to move rooms as necessary as long as it is the same type.
- We have free Wi-Fi in the main lodge and surrounding area. There are many locations on property that do not get a signal. We do not guarantee you will have Wi-Fi in your room.
- Room rates posted on the website are for double occupancy. Additional charges will be applied as follows: $15 per person per night for ages 5 years and older. This will include a full breakfast the following morning. Family Size Cabins are based on four people. Adults/Children ages 5 and up will be an additional $15 per night. Full breakfast is not included with Family Cabin reservations but may be added upon check-in for an additional fee.
- The number of guests using the premises shall not exceed the total number reserved on the reservation. You may not exceed the total number of people reserved. We do NOT allow extra outside guests on site unless this has been pre-arranged. Please see our website or call us at the main office if you need clarification. Lodging amenities are for reserved guests only.
- Any guest under the age of 18 must have an adult in attendance.
- Family Cabin Cleaning: To avoid a cleaning fee, please leave the cabin in good repair, clean, and all dishes washed and put away. Cleaning fee of $250 applied if cabin is left uncleaned.
- Lost Room or Gate Keys: Please note that if you lose your room key, it is a $25 charge and if you lose your gate key, there is a $50 charge.
- Damages to the room/property may incur damage fees.
We want your stay at Historic Banning Mills to be as enjoyable as you could possibly imagine. We are situated in historic Snake Creek Gorge. When you visit Historic Banning Mills you can expect to be greeted by a serene natural environment. While we offer modern amenities, being in a gorge presents challenges for modern conveniences like high speed WIFI while you are out enjoying the natural environment of Historic Banning Mills. You will have WIFI service in certain areas around the property, but it is not high speed. We do have high speed WIFI available at the main lodge with dedicated WIFI in our meeting spaces for our corporate guests.