ZIP LINE TOUR POLICIES
All tours require a moderate amount of physical exertion. On the pattern plus tour and extreme tour (Levels 3 & 4), you should be able to climb normal stairs in two different 65 foot towers, and a 100 foot tower, and walk a short distance on paved trails and have average balance capabilities. Each participant must be physically able to control the speed of their travel along the zip lines by grasping the cable with leather gloves. Participants must also be able to pull themselves along the zip cable several feet in the event they lose their momentum before reaching any given platform. You must have a full range of motion and use of both of your upper and lower extremities. You must be able to see and hear our guides and recognize hand motions.
Please feel free to call us if you are not sure. This is not recommended for those with:
- Moderate to severe respiratory problems
- Heart problems
- Moderate to severe musculoskeletal problems
- Back problems
- Those in their 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy
We do not do tandem rides (riding together) at all. We do not let pets on the zip line canopy tour. We require at least two participants to open any of our aerial adventure tour slots. Please check adventure levels and options for weight and age requirements.
Coupons and Discounts cannot be used in combination.
Please note, we do not allow anyone onto the course who has been consuming alcohol or drugs that can impair physical and or mental capabilities. This is for your safety as well as the group’s and staff’s safety. If we believe you are or have been under the influence, we WILL NOT allow you onto the course. If this happens, you will still be responsible for charges for your reserved canopy tour slot(s).
*Please note and understand that our staff and management have the right to refuse anyone participation rights if they do not meet the above requirements or if it is deemed unsafe for them or anyone else in the group. The staff has the final say on participation.
What to wear and bring
Do NOT wear sandals, flip flops, or open toed shoes or shoes without backs of any kind. no five-fingered shoes allowed. We can’t let you on the tour if you do not wear the appropriate shoes! This is to protect your feet as you approach the platform at the end of each zip line. You will not be allowed to go on the course and there is no refund for not having the right shoes on.
Keep in mind you will be wearing a harness, so wear clothes that will be comfortable to have leg straps and a waist strap over. If you have any loose items, we recommend you leave them in your room or car or put them in a zip or velcro type pocket or “fanny pac”. If you bring a camera, make sure it has a wrist or neck strap attached. If you lose something at 200 feet in the air, you are most likely not going to get it back!
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
The full amount is charged onto the card at the time of booking. Credit card used at booking and government-issued photo ID matching the cardholder's name are required at check in. If a guest is unable to provide both of those at check in, or email us photos of those prior to check in, the reservation will be forfeited with NO refund.
If you must cancel, you must email that request to us. We will not take call in cancellation requests. We will then send out emailed cancellation notices. Please make sure you have this to verify that we did get your cancellation request. If you DO NOT receive the cancellation notice, please call, or email us to resend it. Please keep the cancellation notice for your verification records!
Cancellation OUTSIDE of the 7-day policy:
- If you request to cancel outside the 7-day policy, we will refund the entire amount back to the card on file MINUS a $20 processing fee.
- The day of your reservation does not count towards the 7 days. For example, if your reservation is on September 10th, you must cancel before close of business on September 2nd for a full refund (minus a $20 processing fee).
Cancellation INSIDE the 7-day policy:
- If you request to cancel within the 7-day policy, additional charges will apply.
- Overnight accommodations: the amount of the first night stay will be charged.
- Activities: 50% of activity total will be charged.
- Any remaining amount will be refunded to the card on file after a $20 processing fee has been applied.
- We offer a “gift card compensation" for cancellations within 7 days of the scheduled reservation.
- This must be done within the 7 days before scheduled reservation. (*NOT an option for the day of.)
- Transfer fees where applicable. $25 for the room, $5 per person, per activity will be taken out of the total amount originally paid. The remaining amount on the account will be put on a gift card and emailed to the guest. Guests can rebook online or call reservations when ready.
- Gift cards are valid for 5 years.
- We highly encourage you to buy travel insurance which will assist you in case of last-minute cancellation needs. Because we are a small country inn, cancellations within the cancellation period make it extremely difficult to rebook those openings we have held for you. Comparison sites such as www.insuremytrip.com are excellent ways to shop the best rates. Sometimes, unforeseen things come up. Being prepared with travel insurance helps alleviate those last-minute surprises.
Group Reservation Policy (10+)
- A 25% non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of reservation and 100% payment is required at least 10 days prior to the reservation in reference.
- If a group requests to cancel their reservation LESS THAN 10 days in advance, a processing fee, 50% of the total cost, will be applied to the card used to make the reservation.
- If a group requests to transfer their reservation 24+ hours in advance, a transfer fee, 10% of the total cost, will be applied, and the remaining balance will be returned to the group on a digital gift card via email. This gift card is valid for FIVE years. Rescheduling reservations is the responsibility of the customer. Gift cards are NOT refundable.
- If a group requests to transfer their reservation to a later TIME OR DATE LESS THAN 24 hours in advance, they will not be permitted to transfer the reservation.
- DISCLAIMER: Screaming Eagle Adventure Parks cannot guarantee that requested transfers to a later time, with LESS THAN 24 hour’s notice, but will do their best to accommodate.
*All request for cancellations and gift card compensations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do take cash and credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, and Discover) only as payment – NO Personal Checks. If you want to pay cash for a reservation, the reservation must be prepaid and a credit card is still required to be on file to cover upgrades of tours that have not been prepaid. A guest can pay cash at check out for upgrades but if the guest does not come back to pay, the card will be used for any and all upgrades done.
Sometimes, our guests decide that the course is a bit too much for them to attempt. Please understand that even though a guest decides to not go out on the course, they took up a slot for another paying guest. We understand that a guest that decides not to go on the tour or wants to come back after starting the tour felt they should not have to pay for a tour not completed, however, the charge is to cover scheduled guide expenses. We will only charge the guest for Level 1 if they are unable to do the tours. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
We will not run tours in thunderstorms, high winds, or “close-in” lightning (3 miles). It is important to remember that foul weather in your area does not necessarily mean foul weather at Banning Mills. Please call first if you have concerns about the weather. We will call only if we are certain your tour will not run. In some cases, tours may be postponed to allow for some weather systems to pass. Sometimes tours might end up being on hold from 45 to 60 minutes due to weather pop-ups. When you are planning a tour with us, please take this into consideration. If we do not call you, the tour is still “a go”. If you do not show up, that will be considered a no show and the cancellation policy will be in effect.
Please be at Banning Mills at least 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time. We do try to leave as promptly as possible and if you are very late, you may miss your tour time. We cannot guarantee you a place on the next tour. If you miss our tour time, there will be no refund given. Please understand that we do not guarantee that you will go out promptly at your scheduled time.
We have no control over weather pop-ups or how any guest will react to the course. Some guests will take longer than others and so extend the estimate course time that they are out. Make sure you take this into consideration as you plan your tour with us. Please be patient, especially with others in your group, because you are going to be glad you did! ARE YOU READY?!
All tour times are estimates. Times may be shorter or longer depending on the number of guests on the tour, physical abilities, and fear factor. Tour times do include gear up and safety briefings, as well as your zip lines and tree walks per your chosen tour.
We are open all year except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. We also have great accommodations here in a number of price ranges!! So don’t worry if you’re coming from far away, we’ve got room in the inn for you!
We are here almost every day and welcome you to contact us at 770-834-9149 or send an email when you are ready to plan your weekend getaway, group event, family adventure vacation, or corporate retreat. Historic Banning Mills is a non-profit retreat and conservation center. Banning Mills is a non-smoking facility!
Proceeds from the zip line canopy tours are used to help subsidize our educational, leadership and conservancy programs. Because of budget constraints, these tours will keep our outdoor education experiences affordable to schools and youth organizations.